Updated with full Full Criminal Records ~ Friends don’t let friends Drive Drunk ~ Friends also don’t let friends run for office when they prove to be dangerous in the community.
In the small town of Argyle,Tx there is a sad and scary situation.
In the last election a total of 495 citizens voted. Matt Smith had 254 votes which elected him as Mayor. Mr. Smith not only has an extensive criminal record but is now running for reelection when he has two EEOC complaints filed against him for sexual harassment. When you see his extensive record, listen to reports and watch video of what has happened at town hall since his election it is a wonder why friends of Matt Smith are not urging him not to run for re-election. Especially when his sexual harassment charges could potentially cost the community $1 Million in tax payer money to settle the sexual harassment cases pending.
Please see this article at the Cross Timbers Gazette. Sexual Harassment charges filed against Argyle Mayor Matt Smith.
Here is another interesting Open Records Request : Email exchange between Rod Hogan and Mayor Matt Smith.
Below is a list of Matt Smith’s criminal record. Click highlighted for actual criminal record and back up documentation.
1. January 28, 2011 – Driving While Intoxicated in Flower Mound, Texas, Denton County. He was convicted and served a suspended sentence of 150 days, 20 months probation and 20 months of Community Service. Source: Denton County Criminal Records
2. ￼October 23, 2010 – Disorderly Conduct – 2nd Degree (public in Newport, Lincoln County Oregon. He was convicted and the punishment is unknown. Source: Newport Oregon Criminal Records
3. March 18th, 2007 – Assault Class C Family Violence in Argyle, Texas – Denton County. He was issued a citation. Source: Argyle Public Records
4. September 17, 1999 – Motion to Revoke Probation Assault/Bodily in Denton County, Texas. The disposition was dismissed. Source: Denton County Criminal Records.
5. September 17, 1999 – Motion to Revoke Probation Criminal Mischief in Denton County, Texas The disposition resulted in a fine and Motion of Revoke was withdrawn. Source:Denton County Criminal Records
6. September 17, 1999 – Motion to Revoke Probation
Assault – Family Violence in Denton County, Texas. He was sentenced to 365 days in jail, however he served 8 days and released on work order. Source: Denton County Criminal Records
7. February 23, 1999 – Aggravated Kidnapping in Fort Worth, Texas, Tarrant County. Felony case was no billed by Grand Jury. Source: Fort Worth PD and Tarrant County Records
8. May 11, 1997 – Assault Family Violence in Argyle, Texas, Denton County. He was convicted and confined to 365 days in jail, 24 months probation, 120 days of community service. Source: Denton County Criminal Records
9. January 7, 1997 – Assault/Bodily Injury Class A in Denton, Texas, Denton County. He was convicted and confined to 180 days in jail, 2 years probation, 80 hours of community service and $785 fine. Source: Denton County Criminal Records
10. October 19, 1996 – Assault Causing Bodily Injury at UNT, Denton, Texas, Denton County. He was convicted and confined to 120 days in jail, 22 months probation, 80 hours of community service, and $100 fine. Source: Denton County Criminal Records
11. July 26, 1996 – Public Intoxication in Argyle, Texas, Denton County. Arrested and booked at Denton County Jail. Source: Argyle Police Records
12. July 26, 1996 – Criminal Mischief in Argyle, Texas, Denton County. He was served arrest warrant at home on 7/30/96 and booked at Denton County Jail. He was convicted and confined to 180 days in jail, 80 hours of community service and $455 fine. Source: Denton County Criminal Records
13. September 30, 1994 – Deadly Conduct in Denton, Texas, DentonCounty. He was convicted and confined to 90 days in jail, 6 months probation, and 20 hours of community service. Source: Denton County Criminal Records
14. June 2, 1992 – Theft in Dallas, Texas, Dallas County. He served 6 months probation and $250 fine. Source: Dallas County Criminal Records
There are key points, in his extensive record, that defines the kind of person the town of Argyle is dealing with. Instead of putting the town through the heartache of this information coming out publicly I urge the citizens of Argyle and friends of Matt Smith to ask him not to run for Mayor of Argyle, Tx.
Friends and Citizens Argyle, Tx urge Mayor Matt Smith not to run for Re-Election of Mayor of Argyle
Read the petition
Women On the Wall will be taking on this issue and sharing information and updates on our weekly radio show on Monday mornings at 10 am CST. You will not want to miss this show. We will have up to date information on CSCOPE and guests who are the experts on education and other issues that are effecting our children and grandchildren.
Knowledge is Power and together we can make the difference!!