AGENDA — TEXAS SENATE EDUCATION COMMITTEE – CSCOPE
AGENDA – TEXAS SENATE EDUCATION COMMITTEE – CSCOPE
Thursday, January 31, 2013
Capitol Extension, E1.028
I. Call to Order
II. Committee Business
III. Opening remarks from Chair and members
IV. SB 135 Patrick
Relating to the use of a public school student’s performance on an end-of-course assessment instrument in determining the student’s final grade for the course.
V. CSCOPE Review
• Dr. Linda Villareal, Executive Director, Region 2 ESC
• Dr. Terry Smith, Executive Director, Region 13 ESC
• Dr. Wade Labay, Ed.D., Director, State CSCOPE
• Ms. Mac (Jeanine McGregor), Education Researcher, K-12 Teacher (GT& Special-ED), Author
• Mary Bowen , Educator
• Dr. Stan Hartzler, Educator
• Peggy Venable, Director, Americans for Prosperity-Texas
• Carlos Charlie Garza, Former Member, State Board of Education, District 1Principal
• Dr. Doug Killian, Superintendent, Hutto ISD
• Dr. Marc Williamson, Superintendent, Fredericksburg ISD
• Dr. Susan Simpson Hull, Superintendent, Grand Prairie ISD
• Barbara Cargill, Chair, State Board of Education
• Patricia Ann Hardy, Texas State Board of Education, District 11
• Holly Eaton, Director of Professional Development and Advocacy, Texas Classroom Teachers Association
VI. Public Testimony [This hearing may go for many hours because if the full Senate is called into session, this Senate Ed. public hearing will be delayed. We have been told that every person who wants to testify will be heard. -- Donna Garner]
The issue of CSCOPE is very important and Donna Garner does an exceptional job of explaining the history of CSCOPE and why it is so important that we push back against it.
You can find out HERE if your district is using CSCOPE!
Knowledge is Power and together we can make the difference!!
Follow @AliceLinahan on twitter and Facebook
Join the movement expose corruption in Texas Politics go to Tea Party 911 for a daily briefing.
Be sure and listen to all the great shows on WBTM Radio!
Click Photo above:
Seek the Truth~
Share The Truth~
Stand for the Truth~
Protect Our Nation for Future Generations